Saturday, April 17, 2010

To those youth who committed suicide to academic pressure

To those youth who committed suicide to academic pressure

.

.

AN EPITAPH

Thy life lies motionless on the bed,

On thy face serenity unabated.

As who should say that thy head,

[Now resting a little tilted on a white pillow] made

Ingenious ideas that could thwart --

All thy rivals , however clever they wert.

Thy face is now the picture of peace profound.

Thy soul has completed another cycle round;

Of birth and death, on Earth and Heaven ,

A far way thee are gone , amid the constellations seven.

Far, far , leaving us behind,

Farther than where any mortal can find.

farther than the farthest of me to bring thee back;

I can only sob , die heart –broke and follow thy track.

“Wake up dear friend , prove wrong thy early end”

Fulfill this only prayer of each of thy friend.

But now I realize that it can never be –

Dark voids and memoirs shall take place of thee.

Thy eyes so curious , has closed so young;

So fresh are martyred , thy prospects strong.

In heaven above , in God”s love , there is no time;

no ‘Past’ , nor Future, only ‘Preset’ ‘s regime.

But ‘Past’ stabs us , here , on Earth

Thy memories sad ,creeps into all our mirth.

I know you would love to see my eyes merry and dry

To see me smile gay, I’m failing whatsoever I try.

Now that the coffin is nailed , now that it is lowered;

Now that the last chunk of soil is delivered --

I fight against it , whatsoever --

It deeply impresses me , thee are gone .. FOREVER

No comments:

Post a Comment